Simple Moves to get you Fit and Toned at the Office or at Home
A few of my friends work at major companies in the city and are fortunate to able to hit the gym and play online casino during lunch hour. If you have a job that allows you the time to go to the gym, that’s great. Not everyone is that lucky.
Ladies today have so many responsibilities making us very busy. Trying to juggle work, family and friends can be an effort and it’s not always easy to find time to exercise.
Good news is you don’t need to belong to a gym to exercise! Whether you sit behind a desk or you’re a stay-at-home mother, it doesn’t matter because there are simple exercises that you can do anywhere.
Here are a few suggested easy moves you can practice anywhere to help tone your butt, thighs, abs, calves, back, waist, arms, and shoulders.
- For buttocks, thighs, calves and abs. Whilst sitting in your chair extend one leg out straight in front of you and hold for two seconds. Then lift it up as high as you can, hold for two seconds. Repeat with each leg 15 times.
- For ankles, calves, thighs and feet. Face a wall and press the toes of one foot against it as if you are tip toeing on the wall. While pressing your toes feel the stretch in your foot and all the way up your leg. Repeat with each foot10 to 12 times.
- For abs, waist, back, arms and shoulders. If you keep some lightweight dumbbells at your desk you could do multiple exercises without even leaving your work area. Stand with dumbbells in each hand, elbows bent at the waist. Slowly lower your body to a squatting position and hold for eight counts. Straighten up and lower weights to your sides. Repeat 10 to12 times.
- For abs, waist, back, arms and shoulders. Standing with feet hips width apart, bend from the waist to pick up the weights from the floor. Pull them to your waist and rise back up until you are standing straight. Next raise your arms up over your head and hold for 10 seconds. Lower your arms back to your sides then bend at the waist and place the weights back down on the ground. Repeat 8 to 10 times.
- For calves, thighs, abs, and buttocks. With your back against a wall bend your legs at a right angle (as if you were sitting in a chair), keeping your butt against the wall and your legs and knees together as you lower. Hold for 15 to 60 seconds. To increase the intensity, extend one leg straight out and hold for 60 seconds.
I’m going to incorporate these toning exercises into my day since they are so easy. Even though I have a regular exercise program, these seem too simple to pass up.
Are you going to start too? While you are at home or work, try them and let us know what you think.